Here you will find a number of different glass courses in the classes calendar. The most popular courses are the Stained Glass and Fused Glass Making but there is also Jewellery Making and Glass Painting Classes as well as the Summer Course which covers a number of techniques rarely taught anywhere in Britain. The easiest way to view the classes is in the classes and workshop availability page or set this page to “Agenda” and then filter the classes by using “Categories” and “Tags”. The number of spaces are always kept up to date and if you enroll onto a class you will then be directed via the secure Paypal system.
sorry, this date has been cancelled
Come and explore the delights of working with polymer clay with Eleanor Watson.
This much under-rated but hugely versatile material lends itself to a wide range of patterned and textured effects to make your own unique jewellery. No previous experience is necessary, just enthusiasm and a love of exploring colour and pattern. This class is also open to accompanied children from the age of 12.
Perhaps you have a favourite colour scheme or an outfit for which you would like to design coordinating jewellery? This introductory day course will show you where to begin, the simple tools you need and how to create stunning and wearable jewellery from your own decorated beads. (There are a maximum of 7 places on this course).
You will make and complete at least one piece of jewellery, perhaps a bracelet or necklace or earrings, possibly more if you have the time. This is an addictive, creative and affordable hobby; you will be amazed at what you can create in a short space of time.
During the course of the day you will learn:
- The different types of polymer clay and where to obtain it
- How to condition and colour blend your clay before use
- How to make several shapes of beads
- To identify and make your own useful tools to make personalized marks in clay
- To make simple and complex canes (a “cane” is like a stick of seaside rock that has words running through it – you will make patterns to run through yours)
- To make decorated beads and jewellery and how to “cure” them for wear
- To assemble your beads into finished jewellery
- Where to source findings – as we are sure you will want to do more!
The total cost for the day including clay, jewellery findings and materials, tea and coffee and biscuits is £120. The course runs from 10:00 – 4:30pm with a break for your lunch.
We look forward to you joining us for the day.