Sorry, this class is now full. Please get in touch if you want to be on the waiting list for this date. We recommend you book the next available date anyway in case a space doesn’t come up.
The advanced two-day weekend course provides an excellent opportunity to further explore fused glass jewellery with a focus on achieving a personal style and a professional finish.
- To explore and combine appropriate combinations of glass (by COE)
- To work with reactive glass combinations for new and interesting decorative effects
- To understand kiln firing schedules for the techniques for full fuse, tack fusing and fire polishing as well as decals and glass paints
- To make your own personally designed sheets of glass on day 1 with which we will shape and create individual pieces of jewellery on day 2
- To work with decals, fibre-board, glass media and silver foil and other inclusions
- To make our own glass rods and use jewellery moulds
- To use other studio equipment for fine cutting, drilling, sand blasting or etching to produce finished glass pieces for jewellery
- To plan and present your designs to include the necessary findings to ensure your jewellery is wearable to a professional finish
- We will problem solve and work individually and as a peer group to learn from each others experience and creativity
- Design and make a final piece by the end of day 2, using techniques we have covered
- Admire each others work and be inspired by our creativity!
Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits accompany our courses along with a friendly and inspiring studio atmosphere in which to learn new skills. We look forward to you joining us!