Sorry, this class is now full
The advanced two-day weekend course provides an excellent opportunity to further explore fused glass jewellery with a focus on achieving a personal style and a professional finish.
- To explore and combine appropriate combinations of glass (by COE)
- To work with reactive glass combinations for new and interesting decorative effects
- To understand kiln firing schedules for the techniques for full fuse, tack fusing and fire polishing as well as decals and glass paints
- To make your own personally designed sheets of glass on day 1 with which we will shape and create individual pieces of jewellery on day 2
- To work with decals, fibre-board, glass media and silver foil and other inclusions
- To make our own glass rods and use jewellery moulds
- To use other studio equipment for fine cutting, drilling, sand blasting or etching to produce finished glass pieces for jewellery
- To plan and present your designs to include the necessary findings to ensure your jewellery is wearable to a professional finish
- We will problem solve and work individually and as a peer group to learn from each others experience and creativity
- Design and make a final piece by the end of day 2, using techniques we have covered
- Admire each others work and be inspired by our creativity!
Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits accompany our courses along with a friendly and inspiring studio atmosphere in which to learn new skills. We look forward to you joining us!