FAQ’s Terms & Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. How do I get a quote to make some glass ? …..Send an email with the sizes and an image of the design and if possible a description of the technique to be used, such as Traditional Stained Glass or Sandblasted Glass or Painted Glass or Fused Glass etc.
2. What if I don’t have a design ? …..Either take a look at our extensive portfolio for ideas, or better still make an appointment to visit the studio to discuss your ideas in detail where we have dozens of samples to stimulate and to help you settle on your preferred design and glass technique(s). From our studio discussion, we can work on the design based on an hourly rate of £50/hr. An estimate for this can be given if we have a good idea of what degree of detail is needed. We always want to work to a clearly defined brief from each customer with you giving us as much direction as possible.
3. What is the commissioning process ? .…Once a design has been agreed and you are happy with the quote we would need to verify the measurements if Rainbow Glass is installing, otherwise it is the customers responsibility to provide accurate measurements. We then require 50% deposit to start the work and the balance is paid on completion including any fitting charges. On larger commissions it may be necessary to make stage payments and the balance paid before fitting, invoicing for fitting is after installation.
4. Can you make a copy of something ? …..Usually Yes if it is FLAT glass although it may not be perfect as the hue or texture of glass may not be manufactured any more.
5. Can you make a sample of the technique before commissioning ? …..Yes, it is recommended that a sample is made if this is a new combination of techniques and we don’t have anything similar in the studio as a reference. Each sample is usually 30cm x 30cm and priced individually based on time and material costs.
6. Are you VAT registered ? ….Yes, VAT is charged at 20%
7. Are you insured ? ….Yes, we have public liability insurance