Evening workshops are available to those who have previously done a course at Rainbow Glass Studios and want to develop their own project using the skills and techniques taught on the course but under some supervision. The sessions are bookable in blocks (between 6 -10 workshops, depending on how the calendar falls) and are payable in advance in full providing there are spaces available. Cost: £30 per session which covers the use of the studio and selected tools. Firing costs are chargeable in addition and calculated on a piece by piece basis. (Please note: we only kiln-fire glass pieces actually made on site during the evening class sessions.)
A few guidelines for the evening classes at Rainbow Glass Studios:
- The evening workshop session runs between 6.00pm – 8.30pm. It’s for you to continue to explore making glass following on from the Saturday course you have previously attended with us and to work on your own projects.
- Spectrum COE 96 fusing compatible sheet glass can be purchased from us. We will cut and price this once we have discussed your plan for what you want to make.
- We do not sell Bullseye or dichroic glass. If you want to make fused glass jewellery, you may wish to buy supplies of your own glass. Unfortunately, we cannot store glass for you in our studio due to lack of space.
- Warm Glass offers a wide range of Bullseye glass (COE90). Please note this range is not cross-compatible with Spectrum (COE96)
- In evening sessions, the maximum size of piece that can be made is no larger than one kiln shelf. We will calculate a percentage of the firing fee if you use less than a full shelf.
- If you need your glass slumped, the same size to price calculation applies.
- Items will be fired when there is space in the kiln, and only when it is full and being fired at the correct temperature. We don’t fire to order or to a deadline as we are a working glass studio and use our kilns for commissions during the week. All evening class firings take place in between other work we are doing.
- We will only fire glass items that have been cut and made during the evening class. We cannot fire pieces you have made at home in your own time.
- Finished glass pieces can be taken home when they have been fully paid for.
- Once a late availability evening class session is confirmed as yours this commits you to attend and to pay for the session. We reserve the right not to invite you back in future if you don’t pay in advance and then fail to attend on the day.
- Sheet glass and firing costs are subject to change depending on supplier price rises, but you can always ask for an estimate before embarking on a project.
If you have any queries in relation to the above, please feel free to discuss with us via email or by phone: 07876 796889.
Eleanor and Richard Paton
Below is small selection of work by some very talented students who have attended the evening classes over the years