Introducing the new and exciting intermediate day course “Enamelling on copper bowls” at Rainbow Glass Studios with tutor Eleanor Watson.
We will learn to apply enamel onto small spun copper bowls and decorate them with a wide range of enamelling techniques and media.
During your day with us we will:
- Cover the cleaning and preparation of our bowls prior to applying enamel
- Take a step by step journey through how to apply and work with enamels to obtain a good surface on which we can decorate
- Make samples to inform how we will decorate our larger bowls to our own chosen enamel finishes
- Learn about a wide range of decorative techniques and explore the use of enamel media in the decoration of our bowls
- Apply and fire enamel to curved surfaces
- Follow health and safety practices with enamels (and for safely firing our pieces) as well as studio best practice
- Encourage each other and learn from one another
- Complete two small enamelled copper bowls along with a selection of decorative enamel samples (which can be used as pendants or small panel pictures)
- Discuss tools, materials, suppliers and receive advice on choosing a kiln
- Have fun!
Enamelling is a wonderful exploration of the alchemy of combining glass and metal.
We will be working on larger concave and convex surfaces so this gives us greater scope for own decorative expression. An intermediate course for students who have previously attended one of my enamelling for beginners day courses and who would like to continue to develop their enamelling skills on larger pieces of work.
The size of our bowls will be approx 7.5cm / 3in diameter across.
Please note this course takes place in a working glass studio. For most of the day we will be working standing at work benches or at the kiln. There are stools available in between times. Unfortunately the studio is not able to accommodate disabled or wheelchair access. Thank you.
Refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) are available all day, and we will break at lunchtime for 45 minutes for students to have lunch.
For adults over the age of 16 years old. All materials are included.
|August 13th 2023||£160||FULL|
|December 9th 2023||£160||BOOK HERE|
|March 16th 2024||£160||BOOK HERE|