Transoms, what they are and how they can look

This is a sort introduction to the Transom panel, the piece of glass above a door. Some doors are solid so the only way to get natural light into a space is through the transom. Here is a selected gallery of transom panels we have made at Rainbow Glass over the last 20 years or so showing a variety of styles.